Lil' Jerral is

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lil' Jarien is

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BB Jyanne is

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mommy and her Cuppies..

Sigh.. Mommy has to admit that she is really bad at cooking and especially baking!!

Her first attempt to bake..
Banana and Pear Cuppies
Result: FAILED!! the cuppies turned out all black from over baking.. SIGH! No Picture taken.. too upset and she dumped all the cuppies away..

Her second attempt to bake in the same day..
Dark Choco Cuppies with Choco Chips
Result: Daddy says it's edible and he graded 5/10 but Mommy says that is too kind of him. Think it should be 2/10 as it's as hard as a rock (no milk added)! Haha..But Daddy, being the Nice Guy, finshed all of them. Picture below...



Her third attempt to bake the next day..
Banana Cuppies with Rasins or Choco Chips..
Result: Alas.. this time round.. she added too much milk and had been stirring the batter for too long, the cuppies all went flat.. was not fluffy at all, and the cuppies ended with many bubbles in it!! and as usual Daddy was kind enough to finished all the cuppies.. phew.. luckily Daddy did not end up with any tummy ache.. heehee

P/S: all Experts out there.. pls help Mommy!!

5 comments:

Irene Gan said...

Mommy San,
Already not that bad attempts!
Must try & try & I'm sure you will get it right. This applies the same to both cooking and baking.

I must salute to Gunny for being so supportive of your baking passion. If Nic is in his shoes, I'm sure he will not finish even 1 the moment he taste it.

I cant advise much as I'm not a good cook or baker. Few kinds of advices here.. hope it helps & wish other kind souls can chip in as well.

Baking Tips
1) Pls ensure you have the correct measurements for flours and butter except sugar (I will usually lessen the amt as stated in recipe books as I dun like too sweet stuff)

3) Do not overmix your batter esp when you fold in the flour to the batter. This may cause the air to escape, causing the cake not rising well. A good way to fold in the flour, is using a long wooden spoon to doodle number "8".

2) Check your oven temp as certain oven temp may varies if you follow closely to your recipes.
For instance, I'm using conventional oven & its temp is quite high, so I normally adjust to 130-140 degee for baking though my recipe requires 180 degree.

Happy Baking!
Hope to see more of your creations.

Hugs from Irene

Flo. aka Xiangyun said...

Hola San! the cuppies R so cute! they remind me of lil' mushrooms ;) i like the dark chocolate ones, a pity u didnt add milk! Try again! weigh out the ingredients & like what Irene had shared, i also cut down on the sugar area & switch from white/castor sugar to brown ones.

Here's some sharing...

on Ingredients:
*Always sift flour, baking soda, baking powder (and spices) to avoid lumps.

*To speed up the softening of cold butter, slice and let stand for about 10 minutes.

on Mixing:
*Always cream the butter and sugar together well enough before adding the eggs, one at a time... beating the batter smooth then adding the next egg.

on Baking:
*Turn on oven 10-15 minutes before you plan to use it to allow time for it to heat to baking temperature.

cheers!
looking forward to when we can all bake together *.~

Anonymous said...

Hey san,

You are sure an adventurous mommy. :o)
I suck in baking, so I cannot advise. :o(
However, Irene and Flo, great tips and I will also bear in mind.
Let's do it San!
Cheers
Shef

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerral's Haven said...

Hi Flo n Mommy Irene.. Great Tips..tks for your help! haha..hope this time round.. it works!! heehee

Hi Mommy Shef.. just give it a try la..who knows u will be good in it!! heehee